Image Map

Soap & Glory Fab Pore 2 in 1 Facial Pore Purifying Mask and Peel....what a mouth full!

23 October 2013





I love Soap and Glory's face masks, they always seem to deliver. Originally I didn't take Soap and Glory's skincare range too seriously, maybe it was all that pink packaging and cartoon-like writing but after their recent revamp their packaging is a bit more muted and looks a bit more like some serious skincare products. That being said even when I did use the old range the contents in side the crazy packaging were always up to scratch.

I reviewed the old version of the Fab Pore Facial Peel mask back in August - link here where I made the bold claim that it was my favourite mask ever. So how did the re-formulated version compare...

For starters they have changed the name slightly...well added to it to make it even longer! The old version was just called the Fab Pore Facial Peel, which seemed to confuse a lot of people as it was in reality a face mask...the 'Peel' referred to the exfoliating nature of the mask. So the new version is now called the Fab Pore 2 in 1 Facial Pore Purifying Mask and Peel.

The first thing that struck me when I walked into Boots looking to repurchase my new favourite mask was that all of the Soap and Glory products had been repackaged so that they are more subtle and toned down. I love the new packaging, within the boxes the tubes and tubs are a clean white colour with a single colour of writing on them and they look very sleek and minimal.

What I hadn't expected from Soap and Glory was that as well as the repackaging they have in fact reformulated all of the products in their range, removing parabens and changing up a few ingredients here and there to make the products better.

When you open up the tub, the next obviously difference is that this product is a pale minty green, whereas the old product used to be a cream colour, although they seem to smell exactly the same to me.

This contains Superfruit YUZU and Poreshrink-r technology to help smooth, cleanse and purify skin and pores. This product says that it is best for Combination/Oily skin but can be used on any skin type, although personally I really wouldn't recommend it to people with dry or very sensitive skin as it does tingle a bit when you apply it and it can be drying.

What I like about this mask, like the old version is that you can just use it for 5 minutes as a quick pick me up or you can get a really deep cleanse by leaving it on for 15 minutes. I think that if you are battling breakouts leave it on for 15 minutes twice a week. I see the best results from this when I use it regularly as I don't think that its results are particularly long lasting, but you do see an improvement immediately, so use it often!

Personally I think that I saw more immediate results from the old version, but the new version still works and it is pleasant to use. Plus knowing that parabens have been removed from it makes me sway slightly more towards favouring the new version.

Soap and Glory Fab Pore 2 in 1 Facial Pore Purifying Mask and Peel, £10 - link. Also Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on selected skincare, body care, vitamins and minerals!

What do you think to the reformulated Soap and Glory products? I'm thinking of trying the Peaches and Clean cleanser next.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts