Image Map

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo | Treatment or Moisturiser?

29 October 2013




La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, £13 | Boots

Or you can find it on Escentual.com where they currently have 1/3 off French Skincare making the Effaclar Duo only £9.04

The Effaclar Duo is described as a corrective and unclogging treatment/ moisturiser. It contains 4 key ingredients which are Niacinamide and Piroctone Olamine to fight against a build up of bacteria which leads to spots and imperfections, and LHA and Linoleic Acid which unclog blocked pores, preventing the spot from forming.

I bought this a while ago during a time where I was desperate to find something to work on my breakouts. I used this for about 2 weeks and then gave up with it. I know I should have given it longer, but I just wasn't seeing any results and my skin just didn't seem to be in a very good condition. The other issue I was having was that it wasn't giving me a good base for my foundation and my foundation looked awful after a few hours, despite it saying that it makes a good base for makeup.

About a week ago however I read a blog post somewhere...sorry can't remember who it was, but they mentioned that they used the Effaclar duo as a treatment, and then used their regular moisturiser on top. I decided to give this a try and I am liking the results.

I only use it in the morning, underneath my Origins GinZing moisturiser, but it has worked to improve the overall texture of my skin, and it has helped to clear up the small spots that I had. It hasn't really worked on the larger ones, but I guess I just have to give it more time for those. In the evenings I use a different treatments which I'll let you know about in a few days.

I have recently noticed the La Roche-Posay is becoming more widely available in Boots stores so you might not have to order it online and wait for it to arrive.

What are your recommended spot fighting products?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts