Image Map

Back to Basics | Skincare

14 October 2013

Hi, sorry it has been ageeees since I've  posted. I had a few posts planned for while I was away for a few days, but I hadn't planned on being so busy once I got back. Therefore the whole of last week a lot of posts that I had planned to write have been put off until now...

If you have been reading my blog lately you will know that my skin has been acting out and generally being very horrible. I think this could have been due to a few new products that I tried and then continued experimenting trying to find something to fix it.

This was a bad idea! After a few weeks I realised the best thing to do was to go back to basics, stick to a simple cleanser, toner and moisturiser routine, in a gentle formula that wouldn't irritate my skin.



So I went back to the trusty skincare brand Simple and bought their Clear Skin Oil Balancing range, the cleanser, moisturiser and exfoliator. Despite not having tried the cleanser and moisturiser before I have used the exfoliator and the face wipes in this range for years so I decided to go all out and just use products from one range which is something I have never done before. I knew that these products would be gentle on my skin, yet as they are developed to control oil and blemishes they still contained ingredients like witch hazel and zinc PCA to help my skin.

I noticed a difference after the first day. My skin was less red as the gentle ingredients in the Simple products did not irritate my skin. The blemishes seemed a bit less angry and inflamed but of course they were still there...we can't expect miracles (or can we..keep an eye out for a new skincare product I am loving!).





Onto the products:

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash  It is gentle, but maybe the exfoliating beads would be too much for an everyday cleanser for people with truly sensitive skin.
Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Facial Scrub I've used this for years, its a gentle, creamy exfoliator and doesn't leave your skin red or tight from the scrubbing.
Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser A simple moisturiser, that is slightly mattifying whilst also soothing the skin with Vitamin E. Its not special but its great for my back to basics routine.

If you're having problems with your skin I highly recommend going back to basics and giving your skin a chance to balance itself, before trying more and more harsh products which could be making it worse. Simple are a great brand for products that are quite basic, with some natural ingredients, and skin loving vitamins, and there is something for all skin types in their ranges.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts