Image Map

Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care and Night moisturisers.

30 September 2013


My skin has been getting worse and worse lately and if you didn't already know that where have you been? I've posted about it enough. After trying the Vichy Normaderm 3 in 1 cleanser, scrub and mask (click here to read my review) and loving it I decided to give a few other products in the Vichy Normaderm range a go.

I opted for a day and a night moisturiser in my desperation to fix my skin. I have not used a moisturiser for acne prone skin in a long time (except my tea tree range from The Body Shop) and I haven't really changed up my moisturising routine in a while. I generally swap and change between a range of products for normal/oily (Olay Essentials Complete Care  Moisturising Fluid SPF15, Olay Essential Complete Care plus Multiradiance SPF) and normal/combination skin (Nivea Daily Essentials Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Pore Refining Day Cream SPF15).

This time I was desperate to fix my skin so I went for a day and night moisturiser specifically designed for the problems that I was having. I went for the Normaderm Hydrating Care which promises to target the 6 concerns associated with blemish prone skin. These are blemishes, pores, shine, oily skin, marks and an uneven complexion. Although to me shine and oily skin are the same thing, the oily skin causes the shine, and then marks, these are what contribute to an uneven complexion. So its more like 4 problems. The moisturiser is hypoallergenic, paraben free and non comeodogeic and its active ingredients are LHA (which is basically a derivative of salicylic acid), Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. So there are a whole lot of spot fighting ingredients in there. After a few days I didn't see any difference, in fact they seemed to be getting worse. I haven't used a proper mattifying moisturiser in years and I really didn't like it. Makeup didn't seem to sit well on top of it and it just made my makeup go a bit cakey as the Hydrating care made my skin a bit tacky. I stopped using it within a week as I wanted my makeup to just glide on. I'm going to keep it in my stash though for those days when my skin has recovered and I don't need to wear too much makeup.

The night moisturiser is the Normaderm Night, targets the pores. Basically our pores go into overdrive at night and they swell, meaning they are more dilated and more visible. The Normaderm Night promises to enter each and every pore in order to limit their over-activity while the active ingredient Zincadine A creates a new epidermis (layer of skin) and re-contracts the pores. This would basically cleanse the pores and even out the skin tone. In 4 weeks this promises regular, refined, almost invisible pores.... that is still to be tested. Like with the day moisturiser I stopped using this within the week. I have no specific problems with this moisturiser but I decided to strip my skincare routine right back in order to get rid of these blemishes once and for all. I might re-try this moisturiser when I've got rid of the big, red painful blemishes and my pores are my only concern.

I bought the Vichy moisturisers from my local Boots, but you can also find them online at Boots.com or via Escentual.com.

Have you tried the Vichy Normaderm range? What do you think?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts