Image Map

My Evening Skincare Routine

13 September 2013




So as you all know I have been trying out the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Limited Edition version. I really like using this in the evening as the creamy texture melts make-up away and it is amazing at removing eye make-up, even waterproof mascara.

I then follow with the Nelsons Pure & Clear Purifying Daily Facial Wash* which is a natural blemish fighting face wash. It has a very similar smell and gel-like texture to the Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash. Double cleansing my face with a cream and then a foaming gel ensures that all traces of dirt and oil are removed from my face.

After all the cleansing is done I like to follow with the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner. Its a soothing, gentle alcohol free toner and great for all skin types. This toner recently ran out and I am currently testing 2 new toners so keep an eye out for a review on those coming soon.

The serum that I usually use is The Body Shop's Aloe Protective Serum, although if you have seen my last post I have a small sample of the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus that I recently started to use. However the Aloe Protective Serum is the serum that I have used for over a year now on and off so this is what I have included this post. It is also the serum that I still use in the mornings.

My evening moisturiser of choice most days is The Body Shop's Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion which I featured in my trusty skincare favourites post. It really has become a staple in my night time beauty routine and I have used it basically every night for a few years now. I must have repurchased sooooo many tubes of this! It a light weight gel-creme lotion that supports the skins natural healing and helps to reduce the marks left by blemishes quicker. It may take a while to see results with it, but I have been using it religiously and I swear by it.

Last up is the eye cream, The Body Shop's Aloe Eye Defence  is perfect for sensitive eyes. That being said with the winter months drawing in and my skin starting to dry out a bit more I have occasionally started using the Avon ANEW Clinical Eye Lift PRO as it is a bit more heavy duty and it has been helping to reduce my dark circles.

There are a few more products that I use from time to time, such as the Paula's Choice BHA gel when my skin needs some extra de-clogging power,  as well as various manual exfoliators and masks. There will be another post in a weeks time to show you all those extras that I add in to my basic skincare routine.

Did you see my morning skincare post? If not you can catch it here.

*This product was a prize in a competition giveaway

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts