Image Map

Make-up Basics | Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent

13 September 2013


and

First of all, sorry about the awful photos. As you can see this item is a firm favourite of mine and having been thrown into many a make-up bag, clutch bag and handbag and the packaging is looking a little worse for wear.

The packaging is the only negative for me where this product is concerned, it is very....basic. But for £3.99 what can you expect really. The lids do seem to stay on better than they used to do (I have repurchased this many times) but I do always worry about this product crumbling into a million pieces in my bag...because this has happened before! So just be careful with it.

Other than that minor issue I love this product. It promises to give up 5 hours shine control, notice that it says 'up to' because for me its more like 3 hours in my t-zone before the shine starts to break through. This obviously depends greatly on what moisturiser, primer and foundation I have used that day, but on average its 3 to 4 hours for me, but its all going to depend on your skin type.

I'm not sure what the Boots website is talking about as they say the product provides up to 12 hours shine free skin but that is not what it says on my packaging. In their further description they also claim that it is free of fragrance, oils, parabens and talc which it is not as it immediately goes on to list the ingredients and the first one on the list...yup you've guessed it...talc!. Hmmm.. Boots might need to check their product descriptions. 

It also claims to minimise the appearance of pores, which I'm all for but I'm not really sure if it does this. Its really dependent on how you apply it. If you buff it well into your skin then it might. I use a primer to minimise my pores and then after foundation this powder goes on top and my pores virtually disappear. 

I have the shade 001 Transparent as I wanted to use it as a setting powder over foundation and concealer. Rimmel do however make this powder in 5 coloured shades though if you wanted something to add a bit of colour to your skin. 

You can buy the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder at Boots for £3.99 and also at Superdrug for £3.99.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts