Image Map

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara

21 August 2013


Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara (available at Boots for £7.99)

I bought this mascara with the hope of getting flared, perfectly defined lashes. I knew that they were never going to look like false eyelashes do but I was hoping for something non-clumpy at least. This mascara definitely comes at the bottom of the list of mascaras that I have tried recently.

It did not live up to its 'falsies' name at all. It clumped all my lashes together, and the formula was quite thick and gloopy. It promises to build volume without clumping but this really didn't happen for me.


The curved brush was something that I really wanted to work, but I think the brush was just too large for my eyes and I just ended up getting the mascara everywhere. Recently I have definitely come round to the plastic, stiffer mascara wands, like in my beloved Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express which just seem to work better with my lashes, the exception being the Clinique High Impact Mascara which has a traditional brush and is one of my firm favourites.

I'm going to keep trying with the Falsies as sometimes when a mascara is new and the formula is very wet it can turn out to be a whole different mascara once it has dried up a bit.

Have any of you used the Falsies volum' express mascara? Do you have any tips on using the spoon curler brush?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts