Image Map

Face Scrubs....1....2....3

25 August 2013


Currently I am using all 3 of these scrubs. I usually use a face scrub every 2 to 3 days and I rotate these depending on what sort of product I think my skin needs on that specific day as all 3 are very different. I have combination/oily skin that is prone to blackheads, blemishes and congested skin all in different areas of my face so I find that it is important to exfoliate regularly.




The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator, £9 is one that I have been using one and off for a number of years now. The Seaweed range from The Body Shop is designed for combination/oily skin. This scrub claims to rebalance oil and exfoliate to leave smooth skin.It is the coarsest of them all and is a liquid-gel consistency with a few exfoliating particles. It seems to do the trick with regards to exfoliation, while still being fairly gentle. The seaweed range is great for reducing oil production so if you have oily skin I'd highly recommend this product for you.

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Facial Scrub, £3.99 is a gentle scrub that still has added spot fighting goodness in it. Again this is a product that I have been using on and off for a number of years now. I love the simple range as despite having blemish prone skin it is still sensitive, particularly some of the blemish-targeting cleansers and toners etc that are out there. The Simple Clear skin range brings a nice balance of gentle, natural ingredients that are still suitable for sensitive skin. This scrub is creamy in texture with fewer 'scrub particles' in it. It is great for when my skin is a little dryer in places as it contains Vitamin E that moisturises and improves the skins overall condition, yet it has oil absorbing zinc and witch hazel in it. This is a scrub that could be used frequently as it is so gentle and is the one that I would most recommend to people with combination skin or sensitive blemish-prone skin.

No7 Beautiful Skin Purifying Exfoliator for Normal/Oily Skin, £8.00 is a fairly recent addition to my face scrub collection. If I'm honest I only bought it as I had a No7 money off voucher and I was running out of my other scrubs at the time so I thought that I would experiment and give something new a go. This scrub says it is designed for normal/oily skin but I would say it was definitely aimed at those at the oilier end of the spectrum. It has a very fine grain, yet seems coarser than the other two. There are so many small scrubbing particles packed into this product that I really do feel it working. This scrub I save for those moments when my face feels like it needs a really good clean and this does the trick, but it is not something that I would use on a regular basis as it may be a bit too harsh for me. Its claims are that it deeply cleanses, unblocks pores and purifies and the deeply cleansed feeling after using it is what I love. It sort of makes my skin feel a bit tingly afterwards and it really gets the blood flowing in my skin. A good one for oily skin or normal/combination for an occasional deep clean.

I don't really have a favourite, they are all very different and there is a place for all of them in my skincare routine.

Do you have a favourite face scrub?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts